Tuesday 31 July 2012

First ever White Slam successfully executed in Malaysia

The whole day, my break was quite disappointing as never once I was able to make a pot during a break and this is not normal for me. 90-95% of the time, at least 1 carrommen gets pocketed. On the evening of 29th July, at about 3pm, it finally happened. On the 7th frame/board of final round-robin match between Baharuddin & myself, it was my turn to break. When I broke, 2 white carrommen was pocketed on the left and right side of the bottom pockets, 1 black carrommen also accompanied on the bottom left pocket.

I was pocketing as usual but then the opening, tactical and strategy was so perfect and I didn't realise it in the end until my opponent made a comment as we looked at each other with 8 black carrommen left on the board. He said in Bahasa "I didn't get to play at all". That's when both of us realized that I've just created a small history. My excitement was beyond words. One thing I know for sure is it was made possible for me by my God. It's his gift to me as "promised". Although at the end of the 6th board, I had a 5pt lead but that's nothing as anything could happen as we were playing not up to 8 boards but "Race to 25pts". Having made that slam was certainly the icing on the cake after emerging as the top player in the selection.

An extract of the score sheet is scanned and attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment